200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
We are scheduling our upcoming program. Please fill out our form below so you can be notified of the dates when we announce them.
200 – Hour teacher training
at the mindful body
This is a classical yoga course, rooted in Patanjali’s eightfold path. The curriculum is intended for advancing students who wish to deepen their practice and for aspiring teachers who are looking for a course that provides the tools with which to teach intelligently and confidently. This rich program will certify students to teach alignment-focused and philosophically-inspired Hatha and Vinyasa classes. This includes the principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa, Restorative Yoga, Pre and Postnatal foundations, as well as the therapeutic benefits of yoga asana and pranayama.
This will be an intimate training offered by dedicated and supportive teachers. We offer a small group size of 10 to 20 people to ensure there is a vibrant group dynamic and everyone receives personalized guidance and continued support after the training.
This is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) course, certified by the Yoga Alliance.
We haven't finalized our 2020 dates yet. Submit your name to be the first to find out!
- Asana Practice and Skilled Teaching
- Practical Yoga Anatomy
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Philosophy: Yoga Sutras & Bhagavad Gita
- Pranayama, Mudra & Bandha
- Meditation & Chanting
- Adjusting and Modifications
- Yoga Therapeutics and Injury Care
- The Art of Teaching Vinyasa
- Foundations of Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga
- Principles of Restorative Yoga
- Principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Introduction to Buddhism
- The Business of Yoga
- Trauma-Informed Yoga Teaching & Approach to Adjustments
- Grounding & Self-Care for Everyday Life and Yoga Teaching
$500 deposit secures your space.
Payment plans available.
Email: email@example.com to discuss a payment plans.
Tuition includes unlimited yoga classes at The Mindful Body for the duration of the training.
Required books are an additional fee.
In the event that you need to withdraw your application before the training begins, The Mindful Body will credit the balance paid minus $500 deposit until 30 days before the course begins. After that, teacher training tuition is non-transferable and non-refundable.
These are the requirements to receive a Yoga Alliance 200-Hour Certificate.
- Full attendance and participation in the program.
- You can miss a maximum of 2 days of the course. If you do miss a day you will be required to do make up work equivalent to the hours missed (additional fees may apply if you miss a guest teacher).
- Completion of all reading and homework assignments.
- Attendance of a minimum of two additional asana classes at The Mindful Body per week (this is included in your tuition).
- Keeping a journal over the course of the program.
- Practice teaching and giving/receiving feedback is a fundamental aspect of this course.
Please have at least 6-12 months of regular yoga practice before applying for the training. We welcome yoga practitioners from all backgrounds and disciplines of yoga. With a few exceptions, injuries and physical conditions will be accommodated.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the below application form. We will contact you within a week of receiving your application. Upon acceptance you may register for the course. If registration is full, you may register for the waiting list.
We have one program assistant per program. This is someone who has already completed a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training and would like to assist in logistical and educational support of the program. In exchange you can attend the program and receive mentoring supporte. This is a great opportunity for someone to deepen their knowledge and skills after they have had time to digest and practice their original training.
2876 California St
San Francisco, CA 94115