200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
October 2017 – February 2018
Annual 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training at The Mindful Body
This is a classical yoga course, rooted in Patanjali’s eightfold path. The curriculum is intended for advancing students who wish to deepen their practice and for aspiring teachers who are looking for a course that provides the tools with which to teach intelligently and confidently. This rich program will certify students to teach alignment-focused and philosophically-inspired Hatha and Vinyasa classes. This includes the principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa, Restorative Yoga, Pre and Postnatal foundations, as well as the therapeutic benefits of yoga asana and pranayama.
This will be an intimate training offered by dedicated and supportive teachers. We offer a small group size of 10 to 20 people to ensure there is a vibrant group dynamic and everyone receives personalized guidance and continued support after the training.
This is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) course, certified by the Yoga Alliance.
Questions? Concerns? All you have to do is ask...
Caroline Kelley will be your lead teacher in this course. She considers renowned Ashtangi Richard Freeman be her most influential teacher. An emphasis on healthy alignment, balancing strength with flexibility, the use of props, modifications, breath awareness and yoga philosophy are key features in her teaching style. Caroline has studied extensively in India and deeply appreciates the traditions of yoga. She is also a specialized Massage Therapist and has mentored with Physical Therapists, so get ready for some yummy adjustments. Caroline’s teaching emphasizes yoga as a therapy, which shows up in her workshops, anatomy intensives and local and international yoga retreats. Caroline has been a director on this course since 2012.
- Asana Practice and Skilled Teaching
- Practical Yoga Anatomy
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Philosophy: Yoga Sutras & Bhagavad Gita
- Pranayama, Mudra & Bandha
- Meditation & Chanting
- Adjusting and Modifications
- Yoga Therapeutics and Injury Care
- The Art of Teaching Vinyasa
- Foundations of Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga
- Principles of Restorative Yoga
- Principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Introduction to Buddhism
- The Business of Yoga
Early Registration (before September 1st) $3150
Regular Registration $3350
Secure your space with a $500 deposit before September 1st, and save $200!
Payment plans are available for additional fees. Email: email@example.com to discuss a payment plan that works for you.
Tuition includes unlimited yoga classes at The Mindful Body for the duration of the training and a retreat!
Required books are an additional fee.
In the event that you need to withdraw your application before the training begins, The Mindful Body will credit the balance paid minus $500 deposit. Once the training begins, teacher training tuition is non-transferable and non-refundable.
These are the requirements to receive a Yoga Alliance 200-Hour Certificate.
- Full attendance and participation in the program.
- You can miss a maximum of 2 days of the course. If you do miss a day you will be required to do make up work equivalent to the hours missed (additional fees may apply if you miss a guest teacher).
- Completion of all reading and homework assignments.
- Attendance of a minimum of two additional asana classes at The Mindful Body per week (this is included in your tuition).
- Keeping a journal over the course of the program.
- Practice teaching and giving/receiving feedback is a fundamental aspect of this course.
Please have at least 6-12 months of regular yoga practice before applying for the training. We welcome yoga practitioners from all backgrounds and disciplines of yoga. With a few exceptions, injuries and physical conditions will be accommodated.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the below application form. Maile or Caroline will contact you within a week of receiving your application. Upon acceptance you may register for the course. If registration is full, you may register for the waiting list.
THE MINDFUL BODY
2876 California St
San Francisco, CA 94115