200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
January 28 to May 21, 2017
Annual 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training at The Mindful Body
This is a classical yoga course, rooted in Patanjali’s eightfold path. The curriculum is intended for advancing students who wish to deepen their practice and for aspiring teachers who are looking for a course that provides the tools with which to teach intelligently and confidently. This rich program will certify students to teach alignment-focused and philosophically-inspired Hatha and Vinyasa classes. This includes the principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa, Restorative Yoga, Pre and Postnatal foundations, as well as the therapeutic benefits of yoga asana and pranayama.
This will be an intimate training offered by dedicated and supportive teachers. We offer a small group size of 14 to 20 people.
Participants will receive individual guidance on their path towards successfully completing the program and continued support after the end of the training.
This is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT200) course, certified by the Yoga Alliance.
Questions? Concerns? All you have to do is ask...
Maile and Caroline are the co-directors of this course and both consider renowned Ashtangi Richard Freeman be their most influential teacher. An emphasis on healthy alignment, the use of props, modifications, breath awareness and yoga philosophy are key features in their classes. Independently, both Caroline and Maile have studied extensively in India and coincidently both received teachings from BNS Iyengar in Mysore. They have been co-teaching this yoga training together since 2012.
Maile Sivert E-RYT 500 has been teaching yoga, and managing the yoga program, at The Mindful Body since 2002. She is thrilled to have become the owner in 2014. .
Caroline Kelley E-RYT 500 teaches yoga therapy workshops and international yoga retreats. She is a specialized massage therapist and enjoys teaching anatomy around the country.
- Asana Practice and Skilled Teaching
- Practical Yoga Anatomy
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Philosophy: Yoga Sutras & Bhagavad Gita
- Pranayama, Mudra & Bandha
- Meditation & Chanting
- Adjusting and Modifications
- Yoga Therapeutics and Injury Care
- The Art of Teaching Vinyasa
- Foundations of Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga
- Principles of Restorative Yoga
- Principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Introduction to Buddhism
- The Business of Yoga
Deposit $500 (applies to the tuition fee)
Payment Plans Available. Email: email@example.com
Tuition includes unlimited yoga classes at The Mindful Body for the duration of the training and a retreat! Required books are an additional fee.
In the event that you need to withdraw your application before the training begins, The Mindful Body will credit the balance paid minus $500 deposit. Once the training begins, teacher training tuition is non-transferable and non-refundable.
These are the requirements to receive a Yoga Alliance 200-Hour Certificate.
- Full attendance and participation in the program.
- You can miss a maximum of 2 days of the course. If you do miss a day you will be required to do make up work equivalent to the hours missed (additional fees may apply if you miss a guest teacher).
- Completion of all reading and homework assignments.
- Attendance of a minimum of two additional asana classes at The Mindful Body per week (this is included in your tuition).
- Keeping a journal over the course of the program.
- Practice teaching and giving/receiving feedback is a fundamental aspect of this course.
Please have at least 6-12 months of regular yoga practice before applying for the training. We welcome yoga practitioners from all backgrounds and disciplines of yoga. With a few exceptions, injuries and physical conditions will be accommodated.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the below application form. Maile or Caroline will contact you within a week of receiving your application. Upon acceptance you may register for the course. If registration is full, you may register for the waiting list.
THE MINDFUL BODY
2876 California St
San Francisco, CA 94115